Monday, June 6, 2011

My Husband the Hero (The Short Version)

Blogging and running a small internet business you are trying to get off the ground while parenting isn't always easy. Today I'm breaking my long silence not to post about my newest knit for my little girl (but stay tuned I hope to be posting soon) but to pay homage to my wonderful husband so many of you have come to know only as "the boy."



For months we have been dealing with the issue of nuisance canines and for months we have been begging our apartment complex to do something about the matter.

The other day one of our worries about these nuisances dogs became a reality. Shortly after walking outside with our daughter to get her some fresh air and share the beautiful day with her, my husband was attacked without provocation by one of our neighbors dogs.

After chowing down on my husband to the general point of its satisfaction the dog ran after the baby and myself. My husband, although down, was not out - ran between the dog and what it intended to be its next victims and kept us 100% safe. Sadly, his actions lead to further attack by the dog.

It wasn't long until an infection from pasteurella set in which was quickly followed by cellulitis. He spent two days in the hospital on antibiotics and spent a concerning amount of time with a temperature over 103.

Thankfully back home with us once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment